Hello all! I hope your Fridays are going wonderfully. I have the weekend off which I’m really excited about because I don’t think it will happen too often. I actually got to join in customers’ refrains of ‘Thank god its Friday!”. While my week was good, I am planning on making this weekend count.
Remember when you were little and Fridays were the best day of the week because not only were you free of school for 2 days but also because TGIF was on and that meant Teen Angel, Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Boy Meets World? That is how I felt today. I had some kid-ish excitement circulating through me at the thought of 2 days of freedom from obligations and commitments. I can vividly remember curling up on my friends couch with a bowl of popcorn every Friday night just waiting to see what ridiculousness would ensue. Boy Meets World was a particular favourite of mine. So, in keeping spirit with my feelings tonight, I you-tubed some good old Boy Meets World shananigans…
But I didn’t start this post only with the intention of sharing that clip (despite how hilarious it is). I came on because Jessi over at slotheatz nominated me for a Versatile Blogger award! I am sooo pumped about this because I have only been blogging for 2 weeks :). It was very sweet of her! Thank you dear :)
So now I’m to nominate 15 other blogs I’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. Some of these people will have no idea who I am. I hope that’s not awkward….
- Naughty Vegan: Your recipes make me want to stuff my face till I’m so fat I have to be rolled off the couch at the end of the day!
- Healthy Hits the Spot: for our mutual love of oatmeal :)
- Have Food Will Feast: Kinesiology peeps have to stick together! And your recipes are right up my alley.
- Vegan Goddess: you seem so genuine and sweet. I can’t wait to see more of your stuff!
- In Pursuit of More: I know Jessi already nominated you but, Shira I completely echo her sentiments. You have been so supportive and awesome I just had to recognize you :)
- That Was Vegan: really accessible recipes that are simple and delicious. You rock Barbara!
- Wayfaring Chocolate: your love of chocolate is amazing. Just by looking at your recipes I can almost taste the decadence!
- The Cruelty-Free Review: Reia, I honestly keep a little notepad in my phone about the products you have reviewed. That way when I’m at the store I’ll have my own little guide about which products are both good and cruelty-free! Thanks for helping me choose more compassionate products! Also, you were the first person to add me to their blog roll as far as I know which is awesome :) When I make one, you for sure are on it!
- Tessa the Domestic Diva: Tessa has a huge, very successful blog and probably has no idea who I am but she has to be mentioned. She explains gluten-free baking in a way no one else could so I can not only do it now, I do it well! Thanks :)
- Blissful Bites: your blog is so fun to read Micha and you were so nice to respond to my comments when I first started blogging
- Almost Vegan: another hugely successful blog, but she ignited my interest in raw foods and her raw blondies where the first raw dessert I ever made!
- Eat, Learn Discover: really similar food philosophy and I love reading about your travel adventures :)
- The Adventures of Vegan Charlie: JUST discovered your blog but I’m already hooked. Your take on that PETA add was awesome and I look forward to reading more of your posts!
- Fork and Beans: amazing photography, amazing words, I just love this blog. Cara, you are wonderful!
- ifyoucandoiticandoit: us newbs have to support each other! Lets keep trucking on:)
Honestly the list of blogs I read and follow is longer than I care to admit, but these are ones that have either hugely influenced me, or who have been particularly kind to me since starting my own blog :)
Ok so now 7 things about me:
- If I could cook and mess around in the kitchen as a full-time job I totally would.
- When I was younger, Cinderella was my favourite movie. I would watch it twice a day. I loved it so much I named one of my stuffed animal cats Lucifer after the cat in the movie (I swear I didn’t know it meant Devil lol). And when I wanted to bring it into school for show-and-tell my mom had to come in with me and explain to the teacher than we weren’t devil-worshipers. I just really liked Cinderella.
- I could (and have :S) eaten oatmeal for every meal of the day. Savoury or sweet, it’s all good with me!
- I am always always cold, which has lead to a massive tea collection. My last job as a sales associate at Le Palais des Thes only fueled this. My current collection of teas tops 20 easily. And I drink them all regularly.
- When I was little I had a teddy bear named Teddy and stuffed mouse called Mousey. I was very creative as you can see.
- I enjoy eating my food with really small spoons. Like those teeny spoons normal people use to stir their coffee, I really enjoy eating normal food with them. Especially oatmeal and smoothies in a bowl :)
- My favourite songs of all time: Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing by Aerosmith (don’t judge) and Last Kiss by Pearl Jam. I am a softy :)
And that’s it! Thank you again for nominating Jess! I love this blog world and how snug and homey it feels even though we all live across the world from each other! Thanks for supporting me everyone!